Friday 24 July 2015

SIX YEARS OF THE COLD END

Today marks THE COLD END's sixth birthday as back in 2009 I posted the following -

"The club's new management team of Steve Newing & Del Deanus make their debut at Goldsdown Road tomorrow afternoon in a pre-season friendly against Wealdstone.

The Stone's also have a game at AFC Hayes scheduled so what sort of team they send over and how many away supporters travel will be interesting to see.

They have had a good start to their pre-season, firstly losing at home to Watford 0-3 but then beating a strong Leeds United side 2-1 at Grosvenor Vale on Tuesday night in front of a bumper crowd of 1102." 


Initially I was going to be write about my team (Enfield Town) but TCE has since developed into following non-league football in Hertfordshire, North London and beyond which I hope still interests the loyal people who continue to read and visit the website.

I  must send a massive amount of gratitude to everyone, in particular the people who have taken part in interviews over the past year, which have been very popular. Also I must say thank you to my wonderful wife who continues to put up with me and allows me to go to football whenever I can - you are officially amazing. 

Over 500,000 people have clicked on the website since 2009 which is amazing with the most popular posts being THE FORGOTTEN FOOTBALL series I wrote - the links you can see on the right hand side about clubs such as Edmonton FC, Rainham Town and Woodford Town. Each one of these posts has received over 4000+ individual hits alone. Please take a look as the comments written underneath by fans and players at the clubs are worth a read on their own.

THE COLD END will continue to be free, independent and without adverts bringing you news, articles, pictures and match highlights from non-league football around North London and Hertfordshire.

Don't forget you can follow me on twitter @thecoldend or contact me via email here


To find out why the website is called THE COLD END please click on this small article I wrote back in 2009 - Why The Cold End is called the cold end?

CHEERS AND REGARDS TO YOU ALL
TCE

No comments:

Post a Comment